5.22.2009

fun.

Appropriately named band fun. is an indie powerpop band formed out of the ashes of other indie powerpop bands among them being The Format. Lead singer of The Format Nate Ruess takes over vocal duties for fun. and brings with him the same sensibility he had in his former band. Fun.'s debut album Aim & Ignite isn't scheduled to hit stores until late this summer but they've already given us a taste of what is to come with their first single, At Least I'm Not As Sad (As I Used To Be).

When I first heard that The Format was splitting up, I was a little bit heartbroken but after hearing fun.'s music, I can honestly say that the spirit of The Format lives on. Their first single starts out lullaby simple before the army drums kick in. Nate possibly sings about leaving the
band behind with lines like Youth's taken over by rock and roll, so I left, that's it. The hook in this song will sting your ears with it sugary sweet childhood taunts.

fun.- Myspace
At Least I'm Not As Sad (As I Used To Be)-


Download This- At Least I'm Not As Sad (As I Used To Be)

No comments: